Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Falling on Good Soil...

So... I thought I'd try this Blog idea! = ) A friend from Dayspring Christian Academy got me on this kick by sending me an email with a link to her blog. I said, " You have to show me how to do this!" and she said, "It's easy, just go to Blogger.com and create your own for FREE!". So here we are!

My heart has been heavy lately knowing that for the last year and 1/2 I had been SO focused on MIZERO Children of Rwanda that I basically cut everything and everyone else out in my life. Do you ever wonder if you really HEARD from the Lord? I'm in an odd place right now. The Tour brought much fruit in me personally and also brought much struggle as well. I gained from the Tour HOW VERY IMPORTANT my family is, and the Lord used it to rip from me any need for significance I had. It also was a struggle because it took a year of Gracie's life away from me. I trust that the Lord will use the effort ultimately for the children of Rwanda, but right now I am feeling truly burned out and only have a desire for my children, my husband, my home, and my church.

We want to ask for you to pray for us. I have felt for some weeks now the need for prayer. I have had increased difficulty with Gracie. Because of my choice to NOT discipline her as those months went by she is now three and a mess! = ) BEAUTIFUL! Creative, strongwilled, but a mess! Please pray for wisdom, patience and CONSISTENCY for me as I try to allow the Lord to give back what the locusts have eaten. I truly stand in the need of prayer in regards to consistancy and discipline.

Joyful mother of children...that is NOT where I am right now, but where I hunger to be!

Tonight Liliana is ill again. She is 6 months old! Can you believe it?! = ) She is ill for the second time in one month. All you mothers can attest to how much your heart aches and how difficult it is to function when your little one is ill. Please pray for her complete healing.

I have to get used to this Blog deal. = ) We hope to hear from you all! Please also pray for The River. Remember The River! The church the Lord used YOUR prayers to bring us to! We may be on the brink of a new pastor! Please pray for wisdom and discernment for our search committee. With the hiring of our new pastor Bill and I and the children will need your support again!

This email seems so random, I apologize! I just desperately wanted to connect with all of you! And have been wilted for weeks, from sleep deprivation, trying to settle into the changes in my life, and hungering to have our friends and family lifting us in prayer to stop the constant attacks that seem to plague us financially, physically and emotionally.

To share a great joy!... I send out a THANK YOÜ to Quigg and Kim at Church of the Holy Spirit, Merriman, in Roanoke, VA! I thank them for their sacrifice of time and their willingness to be instruments in the hand of Jesus! A few weeks back I went for prayer at a special prayer night. I asked them to pray for deliverance from Chocolate. They prayed. I have not had one bit of chocolate since that night! As many of you know, I have had a hideous addiction to chocolate for years. Thank you!

Much love to all! Can't wait to hear from you!

"...with the sweetest affection." (1 Peter 1:22),
Bill, Cheryl, Caela, Isabella, Daniel, Gracie, and Liliana

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yeah Cheryl!

So happy you are doing this. I will add your link to my page to visit often. I also can relate to how you are feeling and will be in prayer for you. You can also be praying for our family today. I have 2 sick home with fevers and one with vomiting. I love you Cheryl. Jesus Bless you friend.

Michelle
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com

Oh I am hoping to have comments from you now on my blog :)