Monday, February 28, 2011

Art

For the last few days I have felt the Lord impressing on my heart 
how IMPORTANT it is to have the children more and more exposed to 
ART and CREATING.

When Caela and Isabella were little they drew and drew and drew all day long. 
Isabella was especially gifted in her art. Not only in pictures, but in MAKING things. 

I remember when she was 5 years old I would give her a cardboard box and just let her have at it. 
She started making kitchen appliances...fridge, oven, microwave...complete with milk cartons and egg containers that she MADE. 

For years I have WANTED to give them ample opportunity to DO ART. 
To put a huge tarp out on the lawn and just let them have at it. 

Never happened. = ) 
It's time. 

Tomorrow will be one of our Art Days. 
I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. 

Gracie has been very active on Sunday mornings at church drawing 
what she sees and experiences at church. It's been fascinating to see HER view point. = ) 

I hope to post some pics of their creations for you! 

No comments: