Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Standing in the Need of Prayer!

Dear Friends and Family,

THANK YOU for your prayers! In regards to the two situations I wrote about in my last post, the Lord is moving! I have been informed that our young friend is seeking the Bible daily on all verses that deal with forgiveness. This friend is not ready to forgive yet, but is earnestly seeking the Lord with the hurt. The second situation regarding the 8 year separation had a little window placed in the wall. = ) I discovered that the person who had committed the wrong pressed into the place the Lord calls us to...to "love your enemies." Even when you feel that you may be beaten and lashed out at, complete and utter rejection may be what is in store, Jesus calls us to give our other cheek...Bring it on! "I love you more than the rejection that may come, so here's my other cheek, and my arms, chest, and stomach even! = )"

The Lord moved in a beautiful way in this person's pressing in obedience! And was blessed with "more than could have been asked for or imagined!" Who knows where this window will lead, my hope is healing and restored relationships. But if only the beauty of this one isolated incident is all that comes from it, what a gift indeed! Thank you!, Thank you! for your prayers! What an awesome God we serve!

It was a GREAT weekend! A joy to see old friends and family we haven't been with in a while. So short!

Lastly, I wanted to ask for your prayers. As you all know, Bill and I are so very tight with our finances. The last few months I have been praying about ways I can help to support the family and bring funds into the household on a very part time basis. Before the end of the year I started as a distributor with a company called ABC Fundraising. I decided to wait until the Fall to start really working the business. Then a few weeks ago I was approached by my dear friend, Jenny Kumnick, with the Mary Kay business opportunity. I don't know about you all, but Mary Kay is NOT something I would have sought out myself. = ) But ironicly, a few days before she called I happened to see a car with Mary Kay on the side and for some reason I was made AWARE of it, you know what I mean? Then she asked me to go on a call with her and that very afternoon I parked right behind another Mary Kay car and WHOO HOO! What a beauty! = ) I do not remember seeing a Mary Kay car in years and the timing was just a little too coincidental.

So Bill and I are praying about this as a possible opportunity for me to bring in extra income. We are looking at other opportunities, too, and I am waiting for confirmation from the Lord that this or some other avenue is the way to go. Please, lift up a prayer for me as I seek the Lord on this decision.

Please look at the pictures from the weekend! Enjoy!

Peace be with all of you this night!

"...with the sweetest affection." (1 Peter 1:22),
Bill, Cheryl, Caela, Isabella, Daniel, Gracie, and Liliana



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I will pray Cheryl. I know that situation all to well.
If you and Jody get together let me know I would like to join you guys if you do not mind. :)

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Hey Michelle,

Thank you for your prayers! Keep them coming! I would LOVE for all of us to get together! When can you do it next week!