Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Favorites


Today's Friday Favorite is
Dogger by Shirley Hughes. 
I LOVE Shirley Hughes! She is one of my all time favorite illustrators. She is also known for her Alfie and Rose stories. She has the unique way of sharing the lives of children, home, and motherhood in true REALITY! I guess many of my favorite illustrators are British! 

Liliana LOVES this book! We check it out of the library enough I think I may need to buy her her own copy. It's about a little boy who loses his stuffed dog-eared puppy and his older sister Bella saves the day! 

 
Our second pick of the week is 
The Mitten by Jan Brett.

Also, a favorite illustrator. This story is classic, but her illustrations just take you there to experience all those precious animals piling into that mitten! 

Just LOVELY to read with the girls on a snowy winter morning! 

Enjoy! 

No comments: