Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Missionary Moment...

  
What is a Missionary?

Definition of Missionary:
: a person undertaking a mission and especially a religious mission

Definition of Mission:

1 obsolete : the act or an instance of sending
2 a : a ministry commissioned by a religious organization to propagate its faith or carry on humanitarian work b : assignment to or work in a field of missionary enterprise c (1) : a mission establishment (2) : a local church or parish dependent on a larger religious organization for direction or financial support d plural : organized missionary work e : a course of sermons and services given to convert the unchurched or quicken Christian faith 
 
As Christians we put our TRUST ...our FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

The Bible says, "You can only come to the Father through ME." 

As a Christian Missionary one is CALLED to serve on a MISSION to 
"Go and make disciples of all NATIONS"..."I will be with you...until the end of the age." 



As a Missionary we say "Yes, Lord" to the place of HUNGER He places on our hearts to SERVE HIM and then we WAIT on Him...we seek His face in prayer, and when we HEAR the call to "Go" we "Obey" and walk out the "Assignment to or work in (that) field of missionary enterprise". 

As The McCarthy Tribe waits to actually GO to the place Jesus is calling us to at THIS season, He is giving us opportunities to walk out His Missionary work here ...as ALL Christians are called to do...every day of their lives. 

Today, we were at the park. 


 Caela enjoyed the company of this precious little 3 year old, Akaya. CUTE as a BUTTON! 

For the hour and 1/2 we were there they hung out together...and all the kids played Hide and Seek, drew, and read together.
Akaya was with her Daddy and when we were ready to leave, Caela wanted to keep in touch. 

We exchanged contact info. and then we asked to pray with him. 
Caela prayed for him and little Akaya. 

As we walk out this life and see the LOVE of JESUS ...not as some concept or "religion", but as the "person" who came to bring us "ABUNDANT LIFE" ...who wants to LOVE us and GIVE us all that He died for...I hunger to be used of God and to pour into my children the HEART to 
share with others the FREEDOM we have in Jesus! 

We may not be rich, we may not be popular, we may struggle more than most..
but in TRUSTING the Lord He can do MIGHTY and GLORIOUS things through us, for us and with us! 
"Therefore, there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." 
"My Grace is sufficient for you."
"Be NOT afraid...for I AM WITH YOU always!" 

I am remembering being in college and feeling SO ALONE. I was so depressed and I did not have the strong love relationship with Jesus that I do now. 

My Mom sent me a note to encourage me. In it she sent me a quote of scripture. 
I remember reading those words and the LIFE that was in those words was AMAZING! TANGIBLE! REAL! It was WEIRD! But I remember finding SUCH peace in those words on that page. 

As we continue to walk out this new Missionary Call to New Bern...I am getting EXCITED at how my children ...even at their young age...KNOW Jesus and HUNGER to serve Him and they TRUST Him and SEEK Him when they are in need, or are afraid, or are grateful.

Wow. What a gift we have to give to others. 

Here is a song I used to sing in church growing up:

"Here I am, Lord,
It is I, Lord.
I have heard You CALLing in the night.
I will go, Lord.
If you lead me. 
I will hold Your people in my heart."

I remember singing that and WEEPING! 

I am so GRATEFUL that He continues to LEAD us and to SEND us and gives us the STRENGTH and TRUST to GO. 



No comments: